Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Always Remember...Never Forget ~ 9.11.01


As I made my way out of the NYC area this morning, I couldn't help but be haunted by the broadcasts on the radio which played back the events of 9.11.01.  With New York City in my rear view mirror, I remembered where I was, what I was thinking, how scared we all were that fateful day, 11 years ago...

I also remembered the feeling of community, the feeling of patriotism, the feeling of neighbors coming together in the days shortly thereafter. I remember the candle-lit vigils; the American Flags adorning cars and front lawns; the songs of hope and remembrance playing on the radio.  We rose up as Americans, eager to defend the beliefs our country was founded on, and determined to defend our freedom. We were proud to be from the USA.

Today, I wore red.  I wore red, because I will never forget.

Always remember, Never forget.  ~ 9.11.01










No comments:

Post a Comment